Jack Antonoff grilled on Taylor Swift, Travis Kelce wedding in awkward ‘Today’ show moment

Jack Antonoff grilled on Taylor Swift, Travis Kelce wedding in awkward ‘Today’ show moment



Jack Antonoff was grilled on Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s upcoming wedding by co-host Craig Melvin in an awkward moment on the “Today” show.

Antonoff appeared on the morning show Friday with his band, Bleachers, to perform their new song, “Dirty Wedding Dress,” and discussed how his own wedding to Margaret Qualley inspired the track. 

“Are you going to any big weddings this summer,” Melvin asked the musician after the performance.

Jack Antonoff (pictured far right) was grilled on Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s upcoming wedding by co-host Craig Melvin (second from the right) in an awkward moment Friday on the “Today” show. Getty Images
Antonoff appeared on the morning show Friday with his band, Bleachers, to perform their new song, “Dirty Wedding Dress.” Melvin used it as a segue to ask about the A-list wedding. Getty Images

“Uh, I hope. Yeah, I hope so man!” Antonoff, 42, replied with pause.

As Melvin continued to press the frontman on where the said wedding might be, Antonoff started hilariously mocking the journalist and the two grabbed each other and erupted in laughter.

“I love being married, man,” Antonoff said, trying to deflect the line of questioning.

“Are you going to any big weddings this summer,” Melvin asked the musician after the performance, to which Antonoff uncomfortably laughed and tried to avoid answering. Getty Images
As Melvin continued to press the musician on where the said wedding might be, Antonoff started hilariously mocking the journalist and the two men moved very close to one another. Today/NBC

“That’s all you’re gonna give me, huh?” Melvin pressed as the two men stood embracing.

“Did we just have a moment?” Antonoff quipped. “I think we did have a moment. That’s a little awkward,” Melvin laughed.

Antonoff — who is a longtime Swift collaborator — isn’t the only potential wedding guest who’s been pressed about the upcoming A-list wedding.

“That’s all you’re gonna give me, huh?” Melvin pressed as the two men stood embracing. “Did we just have a moment?” Antonoff quipped. Today/NBC
The longtime Swift collaborator successfully dodged Melvin’s questioning, but it made for an awkward moment. (Swift and Antonoff are seen above in an Instagram photo.) Instagram

Last week, Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid confirmed he will be attending the nuptials after he was asked if he received an invitation to the long-awaited event.

“I probably have,” he teased. “If I don’t outgrow my tuxedo before then, I’m going.”

Additionally, during a January episode of his podcast, Graham Norton played coy when asked about his invite status.

Swift and Kelce (pictured above earlier this month) have taken more extreme measures to prevent leaks about their big day. GCImages
Last month, Page Six exclusively revealed that Swift and Kelce had sent save-the-dates. Now the couple (seen above in their engagement photo) are reportedly inviting friends and family over the phone. Taylor Swift / Instagram

He teased his attendance by telling listeners, “I can say nothing. I’ve signed so many NDAs.”

After Page Six exclusively revealed that Swift and Kelce, both 36, had sent save-the-dates for their wedding, the couple has taken more extreme measures to prevent any more leaks.

The couple have reportedly been personally calling up friends and family to invite them to the nuptials.





Leave a Reply